We have adopted environmental policies that provide specific environmental guidance for employees. These policies address topics including air emissions; environmental assessment; hazardous materials; and waste, wastewater and storm water management.
Additionally, we are working to minimize the impact of our business by supporting Altria Group's focus areas of:
- reducing energy use;
- reducing Scope 1 and Scope 2 Greenhouse Gas emissions;
- water usage;
- recycling or beneficially reusing facility waste; and
- packaging material.
We are managing our business against the following 2013 goal targets for Altria's tobacco operating companies:
- reduce energy use by 7.5 percent;
- reduce Greenhouse Gas emissions by 7.5 percent;
- reduce Water use by 15 percent; and
- achieve 95 percent recycle rate from our facilities and five percent waste to landfill.
John Middleton is fully integrated into Altria's environmental management framework. Read more about Altria’s approach to the environment